The Lord is My Shepherd

What does it mean for the Lord to be our shepherd?  He is always there to protect us
and guide us in the right direction.  He keeps the lions and the bears of life from harming
us, and if necessary He will lay down His life for ours.  Isn't that what He did for us?  He
left heaven and came to earth as a human to live life on earth with us, and then died on a
cruel cross for our sins, to save us for all eternity.  He is the ultimate shepherd.  He not
only died for us but He comforts us with with His rod and staff.  Nudging us along with
taps of love and pointing us in the right direction.  He is our constant companion, like a
shepherd He delights in us.

The bible says He prepares a table before us in the presence of our enemies.  I love the
thought of this.  Like a shepherd feeds his sheep in the open field where there are wolves
and lions and bears, our Shepherd prepares wonderful delights for us with the enemy
lurking near, unable to do anything about it.  We are marvelously and wonderfully cared
for.  Is He your shepherd?  If you have not asked Him into your heart as Lord and Savior,
you can do it now.  Just bow your head and pray from your heart these words..Father in
heaven, forgive me of all my sin, I ask Jesus to come into my heart and be my Lord and
Savior.  Fill me with your Holy Spirit and help me to live the life you want me to live.  In
Jesus name I pray, amen.  Now you are saved, born again, and He is your great Shepherd.
 

Your Sister In Christ,
Sierra Sage

Comments